News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Identification of French patches

russiamilitaria

Hello,

I'll try to be organised:

4th post: 2 - 10? r?giment du g?nie (10th engineer regiment)

5th post: 2 - 3? r?giment de cuirassiers (armor)

6th post: 1 - Escadron de chasse 2/2 C?te d'or (air force squadron n?2, with the name of a province)

2- 3? r?giment d'infanterie (3d infantry regiment)

7th post: 2 - 6? division blind?e (6th armored ivision, which exited befor the 6th light armored division and they don't have the same badge)

3 - 5? r?giment de cuirassiers (armor)

8th post: 4 - 4? division blind?e (4th armored division)

9th post: 2? corps d'arm?e (2nd army corps)

10th post: Force d'Action Rapide (Rapid Reaction Corps)

12th post: 17? r?giment du g?nie parachutiste (17th parachute engineer regiment)

13th post: 11? division parachutiste (11th airborne division)

14th post: 1? division blind?e ou 1? brigade m?canis?e (1st armored division or 1st mechanised brgade; they have the same badge because the brigade received the traditions of the brigade) - ? - ? - somebody belonging to the army aviation but coming from artillery - 61? r?giment d'artillerie (61th artillery regiment) - ? - ? - Troupes de marine (Marines)

I hope it is clear enough

Noir 7

Edited by noir 7

• 2 weeks later...

Two large patches unknown to me.

The 2/2 C?te D'Or was a French Air Force unit created in 1965 and disbanded on Sept. 2007 in charge of intercepting any aircraft jeopardizing the French Aerial territory. They flew Mirage 2000-5F and were based at Dijon-Longvic AFB. The unit was made up of 3 famous squadrons which, for at least 2 of them, were created during WWI.