News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Guest Rick Research

No-- with swords that (same ribbon though 2 different states used it for different things :speechless1: ) is from Waldeck--

silver swords so most likely the Silver Merit Medal though could also be Merit Cross or the Honor Cross 4th Class of their House Order.

Hello another question the bar on the right [top] after looking at this in better light the colour appears to be a greyish-blue does not look like the oldenburg ribbon i thought it was any opinions heres a pic of the back thanks Mark

Guest Rick Research

Very very hard to say. The back, as it is, is still too dark to have been the Hessian General Decoration medal for bravery-- which often fades out like that front side.

i'd say it's an Oldenburg Friedrich August Cross ribbon that the dye has not held colorfast.