News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Yet Another Holters Name Tag... HELP!

This one on the surface does not seem to be difficult, but the devil is in the details. I am getting Wolf von L?dwigshausen - anyone else see anything different? Rick, Simon, Hardy, and others, your opinions are always welcome...

Don

Guest Rick Research

Huh. I don't find anyone at all who matches in 1934.

There was a First World War Leutnant aD, and two young Leutnants-- 1936 and 1938 commission dates.

That suggests only (possibly) the WW1 fellow... if he had DIED before January 1939.

Guest Rick Research

I only find the three-- one WW1 with no apparent Wehrmacht service (in 1934 anyway) and 2 then (1934) not in the service/too young. That's the state of things at this point.

I suspect somebody NOT WW1 era who was dead before WW2. Data incomplete after 1932.

I see the family name has a number of clergy in online searches. Interesting how even into the 20th century you see so many European nobility with some members in the military and some n the clergy.

Thanks, Rick, for all your help. Here's a scan of the trousers:

Don

Guest Rick Research

There were two old GENERALS in this family-- VERY old. Neither served in the FIRST War-- but one died in 1910 and the other in 1931.

Baffling.