News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Speaking of US ribbon bars

Ulsterman

A local photo I picked up this summer.

Check out the ribbon bar. I have no clue. State Guard?

Note, whatever Order/Star he has on his right chest chest though.

No shoulder flashes or easy-to-see DIs to ease identification.

Its' a "General meets locals to shake hands" photo.

Edited by Ulsterman

To all:

He's not wearing a shoulder sleeve insignia on his left shoulder beacause he's assigned to the Army Staff (note Army Staff Identication Badge on his right breast pocket).

His first ribbon looks like the U.S. Army Distinguished Service Medal (DSM) and the second ribbon could well be the U.S. Army Mexican Border Service Medal. The last ribbon is likely a foreign decoration (note narrower ribbon width).

Regards,

slava1stclass

Edited by slava1stclass

To all:

He's not wearing a shoulder sleeve insignia on his left shoulder beacause he's assigned to the Army Staff (note Army Staff Identication Badge on his right breast pocket).

His first ribbon looks like the U.S. Army Distinguished Service Medal (DSM) and the second ribbon could well be the U.S. Army Mexican Border Service Medal. The last ribbon is likely a foreign decoration (note narrower ribbon width).

Regards,

slava1stclass

May be the DSM, but I can't convince myself that I see the blue lines which should be there. No idea on the others. Question-- exactly what uniform is he wearing, and during which period was it worn? That might help narrow it down a bit.

That might be Army staff badge, but there are several state badges which it could be as well, I believe. I can't see enough of it to call it the Army Staff Badge.

If his service included Mexican Border service, he probably should have a WWI Victory Medal as well, just due to timing. Doc

May be the DSM, but I can't convince myself that I see the blue lines which should be there. No idea on the others. Question-- exactly what uniform is he wearing, and during which period was it worn? That might help narrow it down a bit.

That might be Army staff badge, but there are several state badges which it could be as well, I believe. I can't see enough of it to call it the Army Staff Badge.

If his service included Mexican Border service, he probably should have a WWI Victory Medal as well, just due to timing. Doc

Doc,

The ASID badge was designed by the Office of the Quartermaster General and approved by the Chief of Staff, General MacArthur, on 28 July 1933. It was announced on 23 August 1933 in War Department Circular No. 45 and award was made retroactive to 4 June 1920.

Regards,

slava1stclass

Doc,

The ASID badge was designed by the Office of the Quartermaster General and approved by the Chief of Staff, General MacArthur, on 28 July 1933. It was announced on 23 August 1933 in War Department Circular No. 45 and award was made retroactive to 4 June 1920.

Regards,

slava1stclass

Thanks. Doc