News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Small pictured book: "Armee-Album".

Hello gentlemen,

I have a small book called: "Armee-Album, von A. Bruckmanns Milit. Verlag, M?nchen",

My example is from the 1. Lothringisches Infanterie-Regiment Nr.130 (Metz).

Inside, on 18 pages there are officiers-pictures (from the highest rank (Kaiser Wilhelm) to the commaders of the Armeekorps,

the Division, the Brigade and up to the Regiments-Leutnant. (The book must be publised around 1898 and 1901.)

Does anyone knows some other "Armee-Album"-books from prussian-units (there are some others from bavarian-units.)!

I will be very appreciate for any information about!

Thanks and best regards, :cheers:

Jens

Does anyone knows some other "Armee-Album"-books from prussian-units (there are some others from bavarian-units.)!

I will be very appreciate for any information about!

Thanks and best regards, :cheers:

Jens

As in 1900 the entire army corps only had one Bavarian unit (2. Fuss=Artillerie=Regiment) and IR Nr. 130 would not be considered a Bavarian unit, it is reasonable that the series included other non-Bavarian units. Check the title page out, this sort of book would usually be published in a numbered series, if the volume is "Nr. 67", for example, one might expect other non-Bavarian units in the series.

A good way to research this sort of question is to get into the on-line catalog of the National Library's Buecherei Leipzig, which should have the best collection of this sort of book in the world. I assume you might be able to borrow other books in the series through inter-library loan.

Bob Lembke

... thank you for your answer Bob! :cheers:

I think so too, maybe there are some more from prussian-units!?!

(Inside there are no more informations about this or other "Armee-Album" book. :speechless:

On the cover is a number: "65105" - but I think that's a generel number for all books of the publisher.)

But that's a good idea Bob! I think you mean the "Deutsche Nationalbibliotek in Leipzig":

http://eb4.d-nb.de/eng/index.htm

I will asked them! Maybe we will find some more of this small and interesting books!

Thank you and best regards, :beer:

Jens

But that's a good idea Bob! I think you mean the "Deutsche Nationalbibliotek in Leipzig":

Jens

Yes, I think they were known as Deutsches Buecherei Leipzig for almost 100 years, that was their name five years ago when I did a lot with them; they changed their name a couple of years ago; being an old-fashioned kind of guy, I tend to use the old name.

Bob