News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Split Grouping?

http://www.navy.lk/index.php?id=32

Commodore P.M.B Chavasse, DSC - Royal Navy

15.06.1953 to 07.11.1955

The last of the Royal Navy loan officer to serve as Captain of the Navy held the substantive rank of Captain and was promoted to Commodore on the eve of his departure from Ceylon. He was Captain of the Navy on the occasion of the Queen's visit in 1953.

Spotted Chavasse's uniforms hanging in a very posh antiques shop in my father's street in Dublin. The DSC and Bar ribbon drew my attention. 39-45 Star, Africa with Rosette (Presumably the 'date' Bar), Atlantic Star, Burma Star, War Medal + MID and, on the jacket with Queen's Crown buttons, the 1953 Coronation Medal. Mess Dress, two jackets, a great coat, belt and the accompanying trousers, stated by the shop owner to have been bought in Cork. All by Gieves of Saville Row. No medals - Oh yes...I asked! - but still, quite a find in a relatively militaria-free zone like Dublin!

If anyone is interested, or has his medals, drop me a line and I'll give you the shop's details. Not cheap but I think they're trying it on a bit with the price and, anyway, cash is king at the moment.

PK

Edited by PKeating

http://www.navy.lk/index.php?id=32

Spotted Chavasse's uniforms hanging in a very posh antiques shop in my father's street in Dublin. The DSC and Bar ribbon drew my attention. 39-45 Star, Africa with Rosette (Presumably the 'date' Bar), Atlantic Star, Burma Star, War Medal + MID and, on the jacket with Queen's Crown buttons, the 1953 Coronation Medal. Mess Dress, two jackets, a great coat, belt and the accompanying trousers, stated by the shop owner to have been bought in Cork. All by Gieves of Saville Row. No medals - Oh yes...I asked! - but still, quite a find in a relatively militaria-free zone like Dublin!

If anyone is interested, or has his medals, drop me a line and I'll give you the shop's details. Not cheap but I think they're trying it on a bit with the price and, anyway, cash is king at the moment.

PK

Why not drop a line to the SL Navy chief?

Who knows, they may wish to buy the uniforms for their museum and may have a donor willing to purchase it for them.

Cheers,

James