News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Good morning gentlemen!

To me these look like a series of the photographs, all taken on the same day, what do you guys think? It looks like it's the arrival of the Austrian Emperor to Kaiser's HQ at Spa, Belgium.

Thanks in advance

1-10.jpg

2-3.jpg

3-2.jpg

4-1.jpg

Guest Rick Research

Very interesting. I can't read anything from the washed out contrast of the text, but very interesting idneed that these are printed off on postcard format just like regular "first print" wartime snapshots, but with "reproduction forbidden" in FRENCH (!) as if they'd been submitted as proofs--and written on back in German.

They were taken at the same place but I'd say different times--

1) the Kaiser is in German uniform (note Bahnhofswache gorget being worn by Guards infantry Gefreiter at left)

2) The Kaiser and Emperor Karl are wearing each other's uniforms (note Uhlans wearing Bahnhofswache gorgets at right)

4) The Kaiser is in the car with (I think) King Ludwig III of Bavaria. Might be Wilhelm II of W?rttemberg-- too distant to tell for me.

VERY unusual. :cheers:

Very interesting. I can't read anything from the washed out contrast of the text, but very interesting idneed that these are printed off on postcard format just like regular "first print" wartime snapshots, but with "reproduction forbidden" in FRENCH (!) as if they'd been submitted as proofs--and written on back in German.

They were taken at the same place but I'd say different times--

1) the Kaiser is in German uniform (note Bahnhofswache gorget being worn by Guards infantry Gefreiter at left)

2) The Kaiser and Emperor Karl are wearing each other's uniforms (note Uhlans wearing Bahnhofswache gorgets at right)

4) The Kaiser is in the car with (I think) King Ludwig III of Bavaria. Might be Wilhelm II of W?rttemberg-- too distant to tell for me.

Rick, thanks for the response. I also wanted to show this 5th photograph. This is the one most interesting to me, Ukrainian leader is with Hindenburg and the same officer as in the first picture. I was trying to figure out if the first four photographs have something to do with the last one. It looks like it's the same railroad station (Spa?) but there's no Kaiser present. Correct me If I'm wrong the Ukrainian leader would not visit Kaiser on the same day as Karl would - right?

P.S. Rick what does "...Bahnhofswache gorget being worn by Guards infantry Gefreiter at left... signify?

P.P.S Rick, inscription on the back is in English.

Skroro.jpg

Edited by Vodorosl

Yes, very interesting ones! I think I can read (on the first photo): General Plessen, Kaiser, General Groener and General Hansen. This Photo is taken in Spa (as written...). The Kaier had been in Spa from march, 3rd 1918 until nov.,13th 1918

Edited by The Prussian

2) Uh, those aren't Ulans, those are Hussars.

3) I'm fairly certain that's King Ludwig III of Bavaria in the car.