News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Guest Rick Research

What have you got?

The "Ehrenmal" listing of Prussian officer casualties shows him killed on 10 May near Hooge:

While that shows his pre-war unit as Eisenbahn Regiment 2 (!!!!!) he was actually always in Eisenbahn Regiment 3 from being commissioned on.

Leutnant 17.08.07 U6u

Oberleutnant would have been on 27.01.15 but I don't have a seniority suffix since he was deaad before the 1917 Seniority List

The Honor Rank List 1914-1918 shows his death place as "near Gheluvelt."

This sort of discrepancy (and error) is typical-- that's why more than one period source is always a good way to compare data.

Hello Rick,

my source :

die Geschichte des 3.Ober-Els?ssischen I.R. 172

BURMEISTER was indeed killed on 11/5/1915

He is buried at Menen German Mil Cem, date of death on hs grave also 11/5/1915

Hooge was near Sanctuary Wood where he was killed, trying to infiltrate in the wood on 11/5/1915.

In 1915 several offciers of other regiments were posted with IR 172 ( even from the Guards)

Regards,

Cnock

Regards,

Cnock

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Leutnant Konrad Burmeister was kia when he tried to infiltrate in Sanctuary Wood (near Menin Road),

the wood was still ocupied by the British

He is buried now at Menen German Mil Cem,

Regards,

Cnock