News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Haven't had time to study everything yet, but it appears that through either illness or injury, he is no longer able to serve in the Pioneers and transfers to the Feldgendarmerie and continues his service right through to May 1945. Soldbuch has a VERY nice uniform photo in tropical dress.

What is particularly interesting here is that apart from being the first photos I've seen of Feldgendarmerie on Crete, it is also the first evidence I've ever come across of the Feldgendarmerie eagle being worn on the shirt ! Even in North Africa on the tropical tunic they mostly only wore the cuffband, no eagle.

Interesting photos you have posted of this individual. In the last photo, it looks as though they were still issuing the British summer uniforms when this chap arrived in Crete. Perhaps that is why he is wearing the Police eagle on his shirt.

Regards,

Gordon