News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

which badge is this ?

Wim

Hello,

Does any of you know perhaps to which unit this badge belonged.

From what I gather, this soldier later went on to a Anti-Aircraft Artillery unit.

Any ideas ? Thanks.

Regards,

Wim

Wim

Rosognoli says that there were 9 "Service Commands", each administering a section of the United States. The 1st Service Command, which administered the New England states had a WHITE DIAMOND with a BLUE Roman numeral I in the center. That's all I see that looks like yr badge. Is yrs blue or khaki in the center? I can't tell from the photo. If blue, then it is definitely 1st Service Command; if not, maybe a variant badge, or something else entirely, but I'd tend to think 1st because another badge that looked so much like it would be confusing!

My two centimes worth. :D

Peter

Wim

Rosognoli says that there were 9 "Service Commands", each administering a section of the United States. The 1st Service Command, which administered the New England states had a WHITE DIAMOND with a BLUE Roman numeral I in the center. That's all I see that looks like yr badge. Is yrs blue or khaki in the center? I can't tell from the photo. If blue, then it is definitely 1st Service Command; if not, maybe a variant badge, or something else entirely, but I'd tend to think 1st because another badge that looked so much like it would be confusing!

My two centimes worth. :D

Peter

Thank you very much Peter, will follow this up. This must surrely be it.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. And while I am at it, had a go on Google just a minute ago and found the following image.

Surrely this is the same badge.

Wim

Edited by Wim