News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hello all,

I recently picked up this very large wall plaque commemorating the 100th Birthday (If he would have lived that long) of Kaiser Wilhelm I. It has the inscription which translates loosely to "I exist only in the time I was chosen" or something close to that (if someone can provide a more accurate translation please do.) It is approximately 18" by 12" in size and the wood has been split from age. It has some excellent metal work on the plaque with a huge centerpiece. My main question is where would this have been used? Is it a private piece or perhaps some sort of wall plaque that would hang in a government or municipal office of some kind? Also, are these very common, I have seen medals commemorating this date but no other plaque like this one in my searches. Any and all comments and info are great!

Pat

Nice plaque, probably from a Gasthaus (pub) or Army Garrison.

"Ich habe keine Zeit m?de zu sein"

translation: I have no time to be tired

Hardy

Edited by Naxos