News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Another EK Certificate

Hi

Me again with another certificate. slowly working my way through them and trying to obtain a bit

more information from each. Any help on the unit etc would be appreciated. Looks like the person

who signed it was promoted and included the Major by hand.

Thansk in advance

andy

Guest Rick Research

All I can say instantly is that Leutnant Radtke of Inf Rgt 48 survived the war and was demobilized as an Oberleutnant aD. Wartime seniorities for Prussian Leutnants of infantry involve searching through THOUSANDS of officers since "seniority" was first temporary (when "ernannt") and often not made permanent ('mit Patent") during the war-- but as often happened, it WAS-- so they are in two different places in the successive annual Seniority Lists. By rank date and no index.

I don't have time to search through all that.

He's not on any of the award rolls that we have transcribed.

Guest Rick Research

Yes. Werner Freiherr von Schleinitz (born Cunersdorf 25 April 1864) from Grenadier Regiment 12 took command of Inf Rgt 48 on Christmas Eve 1914. He was killed in action 3 weeks to the day after signing this document, leaving widow Edeltraut n?e Freiin von Tettau. They had no children.

Guest Rick Research

Radtke was commissioned Leutnant with Patent (but no seniority) 10 August 1914. Still that date and lack of formalized seniority on 1 January 1919 so he would have been demobilzied as charakterisiert Oberleutnant a.D circa March-April 1920.

Thanks to the wretched Prussians not showing first names...

there were THREE infantry Radtkes who survived the First War and ONE of them :banger: was a Major (E) 01.03.38 #11 on Staff of Ist Army Corps in January 1939, promoted Oberstleutnant (S) 01.11.43 #19 on Staff of General Command XVIIIth Army Corps in May 1944.