News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Identification Help Needed

Could somebody help me with the identification of this uniform ( I guess it is very early Reichswehr, but I am far away from sure...) ??

The medal bar is a nice and typical Wuerttemberg NCO (Feldwebel) bar (last one is Baden, merit medal silver).

So, please, give me a little help.....

Thank you for your efforts + best regards

Matthias

...this is the same Gentleman...

Could somebody help with the identification of the uniform (and / or unit) ?? Could this probably be a Dragoner uniform ? He is probably a member of the Dragoner Regiment Olga, Wuerttemberg Nr. 25...BUT I am (like above) far away from sure....

Thank you for all helping information.

Matthias

Guest Rick Research

First photo is the regulation uniform of 1919's Provisional Reichsheer, with the loathed "string bean" shoulder cords. His actual rank is "off camera" on his cuffs. :(

If there is a name on back we can tell you what unit he was in, since we have the Merit Cross with Xs roll. His Baden MVM might even have been published in the Personal Nachrichten.

I have no ability to check NCO groups without the NAME. All the Research Gnomes have been concentrating on officers. My first guess, from the Baden medal, would be Inf Rgt 126. 51 senior NCOs of that regiment got the "WVKX." With a name, his "WsM" could be tracked down, since every single one of them :Cat-Scratch::speechless1: was published in the Personal Nachrichten.

First photo is the regulation uniform of 1919's Provisional Reichsheer, with the loathed "string bean" shoulder cords. His actual rank is "off camera" on his cuffs. :(

Approximate Rank: Officer ?

Matthias

Guest Rick Research

Rank-List-speak for W?rttemberg Silver Military Merit Medal-- so much easier to type! :lol:

Having found his Verdienstkreuz mit Xs date (05.07.17) from his name, but no regiment on that entry, I will look for him in the Personal Nachrichtens since every single one of the 300,000 "WsM"s WERE gazetted in the official newspaper.

Helllo,

It does look like a Dragoner tunic in the second photo. The light colored Schirmm?tze band could very well indicate the "Olga" Dragoons. The shoulder insignia would clinch it. Any details when it is enlarged?

Chip

Guest Rick Research

I've copied the 1917 Personal Nachrichten entry for his WVKX and can post it unless for some reason you don't want to show his name?

Nothing in the 1916 or 1918 Pers. Nachr.s. I don't have the 1914 or 1915, which must have been when he earned his WsM.

Thank you Rick !! Thank you Chip !

In his little military estate I found a "1813 - 1913 Olga Dragoner" pinnie from witch I have made my conclusion (but we all know that this means nothing) that he was a member of this Regiment...Sorry, no details on the shoulder if I zoom the picture up (the big O would have been made it very easy ;) ).

@ Rick: In the first step no published name, I try to research this person first...

Matthias

Edited by kunsho

• 2 weeks later...

It is solved:

His unit was: W?rttembergisches Reserve Dragoner Regiment, he was staff member...

@Rick: The WRDR fought together with the Baden Reserve Dragoner Regiment 8, in cause of this he is owner of the Baden Merit Medal (it is an early one in solid silver)

Regards

Matthias