News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Order of the Brotherhood

This 3rd class example has a low number 46. Does anyone have any information as to how many were issued?

Thanks ;)

Hello Zhukov,

Nice order, congrats! But I am afraid that unfortunaly the number isnt so low...probably the rest of the serial number has been covered with the "pin"(it was converted from "screw nut" type)

Edited by Luka

This 3rd class example has a low number 46. Does anyone have any information as to how many were issued? Thanks ;)

Since September 1st 1944. untill December 31st 1985. there were assigned 3870 Orders of brotherhood and unity with golden wreath (1st class).

Since June 8th 1945. untill December 31st 1985. there were assigned 55.675 Orders of brotherhood and unity with silver wreath (2nd class).

Number 46 certenly is not a number of your order. Orders of brotherhood and unity with silver wreath with 6 torches were produced after 1963., after the changes in Constitution of Yugoslavia and changes in coat of arms of Yugoslavia.

Edited by SasaYU

It?s a 6 flames type. I?m sure the serial number must be "a bit" higher, and partially covered by the catch. Notice the numbers are off centre.

Regards,

Dolfek.

After closer examination you are quite correct, I did think it strange given the six torches. As you can see by the close up it's not too clear, looks like a 2 the second number being totally covered by the new pin assembly. Thanks for your help ;)

Since September 1st 1944. untill December 31st 1985. there were assigned 3870 Orders of brotherhood and unity with golden wreath (1st class).

Since June 8th 1945. untill December 31st 1985. there were assigned 55.675 Orders of brotherhood and unity with silver wreath (2nd class).

Number 46 certenly is not a number of your order. Orders of brotherhood and unity with silver wreath with 6 torches were produced after 1963., after the changes in Constitution of Yugoslavia and changes in coat of arms of Yugoslavia.

Thanks for the info, that's very helpful :)