News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

I recently added this F & B zincer to my collection.When i first saw it i figured it was nice personalised piece with the guilding being removed from the ship,so i thought.

After closer inspection there appears to be traces of silver finishing on the ship and an obvious wear pattern exposing the basemetal underneath.So,instead of a badge that i thought was personalised,it appears i might have an unusual variant by Foerster & Barth?

There is also an FO variant with the silver ship.

Regards,Martin.

Edited by mwestley

A more detailed look at the ship.The remaining traces of the silver finish are more evident here.There are traces of guilding on the edges of the sail but i think this is just spillover from the application of the reverse guilding?

Regards,Martin.

Edited by mwestley

Very interesting. I have also seen a Souval HSK with the ship silvered and a further, unmarked, specimen.

I used to think these were simply messed-with examples but now I'm not so sure, or at least think if they were messed with, it could have been during the period.

Yours certainly looks as if the silvered finish was a deliberate feature created during manfacture.

Gordon,

i am also now of the opinion that the silver finish was applied during manufactutre.As one would expect the finish has held up well in the recessed areas of the badge.The finish is very similar to that applied on this Schwerin zincer.

Regards,Martin.