News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hi all

I am currently reading "The Trench-the full story of the Hull pals" ( from Hull myself) and before I get to the 'Oppy wood battle' I was wondering which German army fought against the Hull Pals (10th East Yorks regt) at Oppy Wood in 1917 (not sure if the book will mention which German army until i get to that bit?). I know of a book all about this battle and I will get hold of it one day but I am curious now and would like to know. Hoping one day to visit the Hull memorial at Oppy and from what I know there was a VC winner at this battle, from Hull, Lt John 'Jack' Harrison.

If any members could help I would be grateful.

Cheers :cheers:

Edited by EuRob

Cheers for that Kev

I am now member of great war forum and axis forum and got some good answers on there!

Also that Hitlers 6th Bayr Res were just south of Oppy at the time and it was the 1st Bayr division directly in front of Oppy and from what I gathered the 51st Highlanders regarded these as the toughest German troops they had encountered, first class!