News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Guest Rick Research

Who? Which army? I find nobody named "J?rgen Schmidt" who was a General in the Bavarian, Prussian, Saxon, OR W?rttemberg armies.

Hoffmann lived where? Konsul of what country?

Every Kingdom has to be searched individually.

What have you GOT with these identifications?

Guest Rick Research

Since period references rarely index first names, it has taken this long to establish that the ONLY consuls (Vice Consuls, actually) in Prussia, for the German Reich, and in W?rttemberg circa WW1 were NOT named Karl (Christoph and Eugen)

which is why, I say over and over

PLEASE when asking for information

provide full complete and detailed Everything-You-Have-Up-Front.

There is no "easy" way, nor is there a single source for the federal states of the German Empire. I have now spent a half hour of MY time looking in places where I now know there is NOT the requested data, rather than going to where it might--if correct--be found.

Since I find NO "General J?rgen Schmidt" further searching is pointless without indications why you have that as a rank/name.

J?rgen Schmidt Prussia recieved RAO 2 kl with oakslaeves and crown order 2 kl with star.

also Ernestine order 2 kl.

consul hoffmann from W?rttemberg period WWI recieved: the EK II, Militarverdienstorde RK (wurttemberg), militarverdienstorde RK 2 kl with X (wurttemberg), kriegsteilnehmerkreuz with X, Dienstauszeichnung 20jaren (wurttemberg), Medaille treue dienst bei der fahne (wurttemberg), danebrogorde 2 kl (denemarken).

have not more than this sorry.

Since period references rarely index first names, it has taken this long to establish that the ONLY consuls (Vice Consuls, actually) in Prussia, for the German Reich, and in W?rttemberg circa WW1 were NOT named Karl (Christoph and Eugen)

which is why, I say over and over

PLEASE when asking for information

provide full complete and detailed Everything-You-Have-Up-Front.

There is no "easy" way, nor is there a single source for the federal states of the German Empire. I have now spent a half hour of MY time looking in places where I now know there is NOT the requested data, rather than going to where it might--if correct--be found.

Since I find NO "General J?rgen Schmidt" further searching is pointless without indications why you have that as a rank/name.

J?rgen Schmidt Prussia recieved RAO 2 kl with oakslaeves and crown order 2 kl with star.

also Ernestine order 2 kl.

endit his career as general

consul hoffmann from W?rttemberg period WWI recieved: the EK II, Militarverdienstorde RK (wurttemberg), militarverdienstorde RK 2 kl with X (wurttemberg), kriegsteilnehmerkreuz with X, Dienstauszeichnung 20jaren (wurttemberg), Medaille treue dienst bei der fahne (wurttemberg), danebrogorde 2 kl (denemarken).

have not more than this sorry.

can you look at georg muller for the general please

Edited by pegasus

Guest Rick Research

I'm completely baffled. :speechless1::speechless1::speechless1:

Karl Hoffmann doesn't appear in any W?rttemberg Hof- und- Staats Handbuch 1901+ as anything "diplomatic"...

and how does "J?rgen Schmidt" turn into "Georg M?ller?" :speechless1:

SHOW us SOMETHING! What is this in aid of? Photographs? Medal bars? What? :speechless1:

Where are you getting these names with that information from? :banger:

hoffmann is from a medalspange the urkundes where sold to somebody els

muller is from a medalbar

I'm completely baffled. :speechless1::speechless1::speechless1:

Karl Hoffmann doesn't appear in any W?rttemberg Hof- und- Staats Handbuch 1901+ as anything "diplomatic"...

and how does "J?rgen Schmidt" turn into "Georg M?ller?" :speechless1:

SHOW us SOMETHING! What is this in aid of? Photographs? Medal bars? What? :speechless1:

Where are you getting these names with that information from? :banger:

Guest Rick Research

You are selling these medal bars? :rolleyes:

I would really like to know where the imaginary "J?rgen Schmidt" came from, since somebody claiming to have "research" that "identifies" somebody who did not exist is a danger to the entire collecting community. :speechless1:

Guest Rick Research

Illumination. :Cat-Scratch:

I am informed that these are being sold on the pirate website which has stolen my online Ribbon Bar Article.

I don't do research for somebody else to profit from my expertise.

Nor should anybody else.

did not now it sorry.

want to buy the medalbar therefore askink info.

Illumination. :Cat-Scratch:

I am informed that these are being sold on the pirate website which has stolen my online Ribbon Bar Article.

I don't do research for somebody else to profit from my expertise.

Nor should anybody else.

No-he doesn't.

:speechless1:

Some things are perhaps not funny.

I tried to look up Schmidt and found little. As the bar was one of Tony Colsons' though and Flak88 is a good guy, who was a friend and comrade of Tony's, perhaps someone can locate who this general actually was. I have wondered how he avoided having more than he did on that bar and where exactly he was in 1870.