News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Doc group of 7 Vorpostenflottille DKiG Holder

• 4 months later...

I 'think' I have a painting (watercolor actually) of this guy (going by his awards). I'm trying to research if this may be the 'right' guy.

I joined this forum due to this thread. Hoping you might contact me (rc@phoenixpwb.com) wherein we might exchange some notes since I don't know how to post images to share the watercolor.

Rick Costello

I 'think' I have a painting (watercolor actually) of this guy (going by his awards). I'm trying to research if this may be the 'right' guy.

I joined this forum due to this thread. Hoping you might contact me (rc@phoenixpwb.com) wherein we might exchange some notes since I don't know how to post images to share the watercolor.

Rick Costello

Hello Rick,

thank you for looking ) I have this 2 pictures ( unfortunately the originals are not my and there are placed in Sanct Peterburg now, together with the rest of the Horn awarding doc's and medals ) of the hero!

I hope this help us to recognize the personality of the person on watercolor wink.gif

My mail by PM.

Thank you

DDD

Hi2,

the second one.

PS : How i know from the byer of the doc's ( its look over on the photo's too), Horn have a scar on the left part of his face ( he was a fencer in a see scool), maybe this hlep you aditionaly ;)

Can't really make out the face. Where I can't post a photo here perhaps you might drop me an email & I'll send you the two images of the paintings & you might tell me if there 'appears' a similarity?

Email - rc@phoenixpwb.com

Thanx, Rick Costello

Can't really make out the face. Where I can't post a photo here perhaps you might drop me an email & I'll send you the two images of the paintings & you might tell me if there 'appears' a similarity?

Email - rc@phoenixpwb.com

Thanx, Rick Costello

I have send you you my e mail 2h ago by PM, and 1min ago by mail )

Yes, i'm familiar with that site. The point is, the painting shows a man with both the 12 and 4 year long service medals and a KVKII. Are any of those present in the photos?

I recive the pictures of unnamed guy by mail.

My opinion, the mann from painting and Horn are absolutely different people.

1 Horn is with big scar on the left part of his face.

2 Horn dont have KVK II, this is 99% sure.

3 The painting guy dont have a Hindenburg Kross.

4 Horn was 43y old recieving DKiG, the guy is 30-35y old.

Edited by DDD777