News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

1938 CIG.CARDS - COLONIAL UNIFORMS

Set of 5 pages for 50 Players cigarette cards - showing dress uniforms. They were printed in 1938. Page one is Sth.African, and Aust.

Pages 2/3/4 are Indian Regts. and page 5 - different Colonial regts. I hope they enlarge enough to see properly - if anyone would like a close-up of any particular ones, let me know.

mervyn

I've still not got my set framed up - this set was so common & cheap 20 years or so ago that I gave a way the spare sets that I had. A nice attractive set, as is the similar looking TF uniform set, & the style is the inspiration for a more recent & otherwise unconnected series of postcards, I can't remember the artist - Geoff White?

• 2 weeks later...

I've got the album with a set glued in, the album itself is attractive, it's a pity that the cards lose value when they're glued down n the albums.

Having said that, is that the case nowadays? It was, but you see loads more sets of loose cards than albums on the market.

Edited by leigh kitchen

• 2 weeks later...

That's great ! Makes them more interesting with the info. - although, I think they would look nice framed. Leigh said how cheap they were some years ago - like everything, prices go up. The value of the cards now is about ?40 - ?50. Prob. more in the original book. Thanks for putting the full set on.