News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

NEWS: Silly new uniform designs dropped

Ed_Haynes

• 2 weeks later...

I had seen the new Presidential Regiment's uniform, looks really sharp.

But what about your post #4? Is that the new uniform for the Army Honour Guard? (Ministry of Defense)

:cheers:

#4 - Presidential regiment

#7 - Presidential regiment

Oh!?! Both?!? (Sorry, I thought we weren't on the same channel here)

The dark blue one is really nice... The green one... YUCK! A bit of overkill wouldn't you say?

So why 2 different uniforms for the same unit? When is the green one used as compared to the blue one?

Oh!?! Both?!? (Sorry, I thought we weren't on the same channel here)

The dark blue one is really nice... The green one... YUCK! A bit of overkill wouldn't you say?

So why 2 different uniforms for the same unit? When is the green one used as compared to the blue one?

I am bad I can explain in English, but I will try...

The Dark blue uniform is a smart uniform of the Federal Protection service (FSO).

The presidential regiment concerns to FSO.

Green with red is a uniform for parade and a guard of honour.

As such Green is called in Russia - colour of a sea wave.

Is as also other variants of a uniform. Same the most elite regiment of Russia.

By the way in it type soldiers only with certain growth and only with a slavic face type.

Soldiers should not have scars and tattoos.

Edited by Roman Slivin

Guest Rick Research

I am old enough to remember people who fled from Russia under the Tsars.

I know how much they HATED AND FEARED the Romanov crowned double eagle.

ROMANOVS...

CROWN...

DOUBLE EAGLE...

the emblem of tyranny that was smashed off of buildings in 1917...

WHY the Russian Republic is in love with these loathsome emblems on antique style ROMANOV uniforms is... just CRAZY.

Were the 1890s so "wonderful?" Wasn't 1905 ONCE... enough?

Is the reason why there was a REVOLUTION forgotten?

This is just as crazy as if the Germans started wearing eagles with swastikas again for "national pride."

These are emblems of autocratic TYRANNY, not "pride."

:speechless::speechless::speechless::speechless::speechless: :speechless:

I would try to explain, but my English will not suffice...

I do not know how to translate, but in Russian it sounds so - "Загадочная русская Душа"

I think, that the matter is that modern Russia is an imperialistic state, with corresponding symbols from the past.

Guest Rick Research

"the mysterious Russian mind" :cheeky:

So-- the Bad Old Past from before the Bad New Past is "better" than a Good New FUTURE? :rolleyes:

We have "thinkers" like that here too-- 232 years as a republic and now they want Castro's 1950s Cuba for our future. In the last century dictators used force to suppress democracies. Now in the 21st century they use stupidity. :speechless:

God help us all, friend, God help us all. :cheers:

Sometimes dictators say, that they and are the present democrats. And all time is completely not obligatory to be the leader of the country to the dictator. The political party or group of people consisting in different parties can be the dictator, but sense of their actions the same - do as you speak also all it will be good. You so do not think? :beer:

Guest Rick Research

Yes indeed.

But only those of us who remember the past, understand the present and know what the future will be....

for everyone else, the result will be a giant surprise. :speechless1:

It is easier to sleep at night being young and foolish than to be old and wise.

It is easier to sleep at night being young and foolish than to be old and wise.

I'm old and foolish... Where does that leave me? :speechless1::rolleyes:

When the Berlin wall fell, and the Soviet Union went the way of the dodo... All the hatred that had been bottled up yet kept alive through generations resurfaced and so many of the old pre WW1 lines were redrawn in Europe that anybody with the slightest knowledge of history could only sigh and say "here we go again".

Never before (IMHO) has a knowledge of our history been so important to prevent the bloody 20th century from repeating itself again... And again... And again...

In my many travels through the years I've found people the World over to be dang near exactly alike... If it wasn't for politicians that merge their pride and egos to the nation's... We'd have a lot less problems!

And that's all I have to say about that... Want a chocolate? :cheers: