News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

I have spent the better part of a day attempting to identify this officer, a Major of the Reichsheer @ 1922 (I assumed) in Bavarian IR21.

I have eliminated Glasser, Lust, Dumlein, Hofl, Kalbfus, Reitzenstein, Thater, Schuster, von Lutz, Kniess, Karl, Siebert, Lang and have no medal information on Korbitz.

Yet I am running out of options here. Does anybody have idea who this chap might be?

I read his bar as : BM4xmKr, EK2, (?I thought Saxon Albert Order, but now not?),OM3k,Luitpold, BD2.

Thank you for looking-

Edited by Ulsterman

Guest Rick Research

In your paws or "out there?" I hate to speculate if that's only going to drive up bidding.

You sure it is "21" and not "20?"

The awards sing Ludwig von Bally of IR 20 to me-- he vanishes between my 1924 and 1928.

Got to be "by 1926," so if that is definitely a "21" he must be SOMEBODY "with the uniform of" on a higher staff or a Troop Exercise Field or some such non-regimental posting. Unfortunately, they didn't SHOW "with the uniform of" in the Reichsheer Listen!

I am reading this 1920s horruh as:

BMV4XmKr

EK2

HHOX (doesn't look light enough to be SA3aX but that IS possible)

?M3K out of place and no round wreath

1905 Jubilee

Bav XXIV

In my paws at present. it came with a series of other photos to officers of IR21. I thought HHox too, but then reconsidered as there's no crown on the device (and none of the IR21 officers seemed to have this medal except the Max Jospeh owner). The "21" is clearer in the photo than my scanner snapshot., but there is a "10% chance it could be only a "2".

Sigh-

Always label photos.

Edited by Ulsterman