News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

More bars to 1. and 2. class Iron Crosse?s

Tree 2. class bars from my collection. The two lowest appear to be similar. The upper one is a bit crisper in appearance, even if the paint job is not the best. The two other is also more shiny.

Four 1. class bars. The upper one and the one soldered to the Iron cross seems to be identical. Second bar is a hollow pressed version. difficult to se in my pictures but the details are not so clear as the first one.

The last I sepose is a late variation .

I have also seen another one, a mix between the first and the third one. It to had a big needle, not as long as the first. This was also, as the third one, soldered to a separate bar before it?s soldered to the 1. class bar.

I have two crosses where the bar are attached to the Iron Cross, both identical. I have also included two crosses who are identical to the crosses used whit the bars. ( All crosses have a magnetic core). Does anyone know if these were made by other manufacturers?

It?s difficult to see in the pictures, but the needles appears to have been soldered to the cross after the bars have been attached. If the bars were to be removed the hinge would stick just a bit over the upper arm.

I always thought bars were attached to complete crosses. Anyone know more about this?

Kjell

Edited by ksg

Hello

A nice set of new form bars to the iron cross. The first class ones with the longer pins are of later manufacture, and the one with the shorter pin is an earlier one.

Hello

A nice set of new form bars to the iron cross. The first class ones with the longer pins are of later manufacture, and the one with the shorter pin is an earlier one.

Hello David

Thanks , I always thought it was the other way around...

Regards,

Kjell