News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

MEDAL GROUP HELP

JUST PICKED UP A MEDAL GROUP TO DRIVER W E LEWIS ASC TS/1255 1914/15 STAR WAR MEDAL VICTORY MEDAL CAN ANY ONE TELL ME ANY MORE ABOUT THIS GUY AND ALSO DID HE SEE IT TO THE END OF THE WAR,WILL POST PICTURES LATER BUT THEY STILL HAVE THEIR FULL LENGTH RIBBONS AND HAVE NOT BEEM MOUNTED.

Here is Driver Lewis's Medal Index Card. He entered France on 13 July 1915, and is entitled to the 1914/15 Star, British War Medal, and the Victory Medal. It also shows his first name is "William". He was in the Army Service Corps, and the "TS" prefix on his Regimental Number indicates he was a "Transport Special". Hope this helps :)

2s7h1ef.jpg

Edited by ItemCo16527

THANK YOU BOTH FOR THE INFORMATION HERE ARE THE MEDALS,I NORMALLY COLLECT THIRD REICH DAGGERS AND BADGES BUT THE PRICES OF THESES HAVE GONE SILLY AND HAVE FOUND YOU CAN GET SO MUCH MORE FOR YOUR MONEY WITH BRITISH MEDALS.

Not only do you really get your money's worth for them, the research potential makes it very worthwhile. Since I decided to focus on British WWI medals last year, I have been the happiest and most satisfied I've ever been with my collection; and I've been collecting militaria for over 20 years. If you decide to start collecting more of these medals, I highly recommend a subscription to Ancestry.com. Not only do they have the Medal Index Cards and service & pension records, but the census, birth, marriage, and death indexes are great aids to your research. :)