News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hi,

This is my first thread here, as I just signed up to the forum today. Rick recommended I post this bar here to get some help in identifying the 2nd ribbon. Attached is the bar. Thanks in advance. 2nd ribbon bar has goldish border.

Gary B

Edited by Gary B

Guest Rick Research

Whu-oh! :Cat-Scratch: That's West German 40 years fire department service, ribbon common to most L?nder! Somebody's been naughty with the tab backs!!!

Thanks Rick. So no wonder no one could figure it out. So it is a put together piece?

Gary B

Whu-oh! :Cat-Scratch: That's West German 40 years fire department service, ribbon common to most L?nder! Somebody's been naughty with the tab backs!!!

Guest Rick Research

As a tab back, looks like a WW1 ribbon was replaced (God knows "why" :angry::speechless: ) that should have been in THIRD place, and the WW2 KVK2X that should have been in 2nd place was moved.

Show us the back side. If the devices fit in the punched tab holes, they just fit weird.

Rick and Rick,

Attached is a picture of the reverse of the bar in question. The devices are tight and do not wiggle. Through small spaces between the bar I can see that the ribbons were mounted over a tabbed metal frame with a whole in it so I dont know why the devices are uneven. (I can see the whole on the Czech Occ ribbon piece)

Gary

As a tab back, looks like a WW1 ribbon was replaced (God knows "why" :angry::speechless: ) that should have been in THIRD place, and the WW2 KVK2X that should have been in 2nd place was moved.

Show us the back side. If the devices fit in the punched tab holes, they just fit weird.

Edited by Gary B

Thanks, Rick.

Irritates me that someone would do such a thing.....

Gary B

OK, simple enough to remove the WG Fire ribbon and move the '39 KVK over to the left one space.... The HARD part will be figuring out what the missing WW1 award is!!

Guest Rick Research

See? Told yaz of leetle faith it was a tabby! :cat: I can see backd from the front...:rolleyes:

Could also have been a '41/42 East Medal or... anything. That's what happens when monkeys... monkey. Otherwise a nice bar and in immaculate shape, so it should just go into your Rainy day box because MAYBE there is a matching medal bar out there. No point in chnaging it just to change it-- unless you've had it for 27 years so hopes of a rematch are dim. Though I've gone over a dceade to reunite ribbon and medal bars.