News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Excellent work Waldemar, I cant wait the book to come out(is it soon? :unsure: ) :jumping:

Thank you Luka :cheers:

There is still much to do, as you maybe know this rule: '80% of work in 20% of time but last 20% of work costs 80% of time'.

There are mostly last checks, each image must be described with information about source. And there are 2000 - 3000 images.

I think that we will print it next year.

lp w.

For what I?ve seen this book is going to be an extraordinary and amazing piece of work. :jumping:

Thanks for doing it possible.

Best regards,

Dolfek.

Thank you Dolfek :beer: I think that high quality book with higher price still will have better response on the market as a cheaper book with low quality (text, images). There is a chance to set with this book a milestone in better understanding of YU Communists Awards and thus to increase interests to collect these awards.

As I started to collect YU Communist awards a couple of years ago, I noticed that there is almost no literature on the market which covers YU Communists awards. I started this book as a sort of help for me, this book started to grown be more detailed and more precised. Meanwhile I have app. 1100 pages, but I think that it is much to much. I will try to make it more compact and smaller let's say 700 pages.

I spent already years of work on this book, but it was interesting to discover 'other worlds' in terms of faleristic and learn about other country. Meanwhile, some fundamental assumptions concerning early production of YU orders must be re-write, since we discovered new facts. I must say it was a great surprise.

But there is a danger, if you try to make something perfect - you will never end. But despite this danger I will try to finish it this year.

best regards

w.

Looking good :love:

Thank you Zhukov :cheers: I was my desire to have not only book with correct information, good graphical design but a book which could be easily used by non-collector. It should be very clear and easy to find a decoration without knowledge about awards or YU awards.

Of course I will put a sort of 'navigation' system, I'm still considering how to solve this issue.

w.

• 1 month later...

This will surely be an amazing book - even comparing to books about other countries militaria!! Can't wait for release, and I would surely like it more being 1100 than less :rolleyes: pages, but even 700 IS huge. And the pictures are excellent too!

This will surely be an amazing book - even comparing to books about other countries militaria!! Can't wait for release, and I would surely like it more being 1100 than less :rolleyes: pages, but even 700 IS huge. And the pictures are excellent too!

Thank you Valter,

I do my best in order to provide an unique and excellent book which schould be interesting for both experienced collector and the beginners.

The book is growing and growing, new updates, small additions, revisions. Lately I asked myself should I add documents like Spomenica, one side this document is not tied directly to an award but on the other side it is integral part of the war history.

regards w.

Thank you Valter,

I do my best in order to provide an unique and excellent book which schould be interesting for both experienced collector and the beginners.

The book is growing and growing, new updates, small additions, revisions. Lately I asked myself should I add documents like Spomenica, one side this document is not tied directly to an award but on the other side it is integral part of the war history.

regards w.

Wlodzimierz,

it would be great to have a book about documents like Spomenica too, BUT then there are other awards and prizes that don't go into the scheme of official state awards, but are closely linked to war history, like partisan unit's commemorative medals - there are 140+ different ones in Slovenia alone. :speechless:So it might be better to spare something for another book(s)?

Regards, Valter