News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hi

I picked this up this week very reasonably :rolleyes:

A nice Reichswehr M28 belt and buckle. This is a single piece, heavy quality field type buckle rather than the light duty parade type.

The Reichswehr was the 100,000 man army, in existence during the Weimar Republic and more or less conforming to the limits of the Treaty of Versailles.

This is a worn example of the enlisted/NCO buckle for field use. The center features the eagle of the Republic and is integral with the body of the buckle. The robust catch is welded to the body and the pronged post is complete and undamaged. Traces of green paint on clasp?

Belt tab is stamped "100" and initialed, but i cant make it out.

At one time the belt had been used as a "hate belt" (dont like the term, but hey...), with various badges attached. I was able to also but some of these items (watch this space).

Overall a fine representative piece from the early 20s :jumping:

Dan