News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hello just got this today need help with award on 12.12.16 thanks Mark

Mark;

I know beans about medals but decided to attempt to broaden my horizons.

Looked in the 1912 preuss./wuerttem. Rangliste and the regiment is in it, and not in the XIII. Armeekorps, so it is considered a Prussian regiment, and is in fact a Mecklenburg regiment.

Looked thru all of the Prussian orders and their abbreviations listed in the front material (pp. XVI - XVIII), and no decoration matching the decoration.

But, on page XIX, under "Erklaerung der Bezeichnung der Orden und Ehrenzeichen. --- Grossherzogoglich Mecklenburgische.", are listed 26 Mecklenburg decorations, one of which is: "MMV 2.", or Militaerverdienstkreutz 2. Klasse . I think that that is your decoration.

I usually use Ranglisten to look up German officers (I have 30+), but they offer a lot of other information, such as the organization of the army at a given point in time, or even the decorations handed out. The body of the text does give the decorations that many of the officers listed had at a given point in time. (I assume your Pass is for an EM/OR.)

Do you collect Militaer=Paesse?

Bob Lembke

Edited by bob lembke

Hello Bob thanks for the help. Yes I do collect Militaer= Paesse,Soldbuchen and award documents mainly to Oldenburg I.R. 91 but sometimes get sidetracked. I then also try to get the medals awarded in the books I have 12 Militaer paesse,5 Soldbuchen and various award docs, I have tried to collect soldbuchen to Minenwerfer units which I also collect pictures of. This Militaer paesse belongs to a member of a machine gun kompanie originally 2 E M.G.K IX AK then 1 M.G.K. G.R 89 and finally M.G.K. I.R. 162 in 15.3.19, with a final rank of Vizefeldwebel.Thanks again Mark