News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Chinese ?

Jeff Mc William

Hi. I have also posted this on the USA thread in the hope that someone can identify it and tell me a bit more about it.

The reverse is inscribed : "China 1900" "Military Order of the Dragon" with the recipient's name engraved in the centre. I have seen this in both British and USA medal groups,but there are never any further details given.

Can anyone help please ? Jeff

Edited by Jeff Mc William

Military Order of the Dragon, an association of officers who took part in the allied operations in China in 1900. Check Google Books for the full roll of members, constitution, etc:

http://books.google.com/books?id=xxYZAAAAY...B4z-5w&dq=%

22Military+order+of+the+dragon%22&ie=ISO-8859-1&output=html

Quite rare, especially when complete. The ribbon often is tattered because of the weight of the pendant and, as a result, the pagoda top bar is often gone.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Jeff,

May I know which exactly is the inscription (i.e. Number, name, unit etc ?) on the back of the disk ?

I'm asking this because I'm trying to record all the surviving examples of this Order.

Many Thanks in advance

Regards

Lilo

Hi Jeff,

May I know which exactly is the inscription (i.e. Number, name, unit etc ?) on the back of the disk ?

I'm asking this because I'm trying to record all the surviving examples of this Order.

Many Thanks in advance

Regards

Lilo

Hi Lilo. Yes,by all means. This is Lot 338 in the Spink Sale 23rd July 2009. Details as follows :

MAJOR

T.J.W.Prendergast

ROYAL ENGINEERS

No.669

?1,000 to ?1,200 if you care to bid for it !

Best of luck in your research, I too am desperately searching for the "Roll". Regards. Jeff

Hi Lilo. Yes,by all means. This is Lot 338 in the Spink Sale 23rd July 2009. Details as follows :

MAJOR

T.J.W.Prendergast

ROYAL ENGINEERS

No.669

?1,000 to ?1,200 if you care to bid for it !

Best of luck in your research, I too am desperately searching for the "Roll". Regards. Jeff

Hi Jeff,

Many thanks for your replay.

The above named exapmple is one that I already was aware of !

I have the complete Roll (i.e. USA + Foreign recipients) for this Order so if I can be of some help, please don't esitate to contact me every time you need of a check !

Best Regards

Lilo

If you follow the link in post #2 above, the entire roll is there.

Thanks Jeff. Yes I have tried this link but was unable to get the full list..just extracts..what am I doing wrong ?

Oh, and just to whet your appetite Lilo, how about this amazing group of Brig.Gen George Pereira, Grenadier Gds. He was a Major when he received his Order of the Dragon No.668, and,as you can see, had two Japanese decorations as well !

Edited by Jeff Mc William