News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Communist Romania Cap Badges

I have amassed several cap badges from both the RPR and RSR periods that I'd like to show and, as always, have some questions about.

First, a collection of RSR military badges: The large badge at the top is an Air Force badge for officers (Lieutenants through Colonels), the badge on the lower left is an Army officers' badge, in the center is a Colonels' collar insignia, and on the lower right is an Army post 1979 Sergeants' and Warrent Officers' cap badge.

Security Troops have would have worn the same cap insignia as the Army.

Edited by Greg Collins

Next, a collection of Militia cap badges. In the upper left, a cap badge for Sergeants, Warrent Officers and Cadets until 1979- after that, only cadets would continue to wear this badge; in the upper right, cap badge for the Patriotic Guard. In the lower left is a post 1979 Sergeants' and Warrent Officers' cap badge and, in the lower right, an officers' (Lt. through Col.) cap badge.

Question #2- would the overseas cap badge be the same?

Edited by Greg Collins

Now (and in the upper left), the RPR star cap badge for NCO's through Colonels. In the upper right, a transitional RSR officers' cap badge. The two badges below are there simply to show their relative size. These two will be seen in detail in the next post.

Edited by Greg Collins

Now to the two small badges... the badge on the left is RPR and the badge on the right is RSR but I have no idea what their application would have been.

Question #4- does anyone have any idea to what organization these badges belong?

• 3 weeks later...
    • 1 year later...

Isn't it interesting that the colours used in the State seal can change so much from one example to the next... seems to be a complete disregard for continuity. Obviously not on the "Pantone Matching System" at that stage of the game.

Maybe a case of different facilities doing the enamel work?

On the Patriotic Guards insignia is that a red felt backing?

Ian

Edited by Ian Marotto

Red felt backing can be found on the P.G. badge

and I have observed one or two examples with a red plastic type

backing, but, that might be a "field manufactured" item.

Also I believe strong sunlight had an adverse reaction

to some of the "enamel" on badges,

which in reality was more of a colored plastic,

along with multiple manufacturers to compound the quality control problem.

Kevin in Deva. :beer:

Edited by Kev in Deva