News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

What Ribbon Bar Would A Ww2 Gebirgsjäger Major Have?

just wondering what would a major arty of the Gebirgsjäger have as a ribbon bar? i was also wondering was there many majors of the GJ in general? its for a tunic iv got on layaway and looks like it has a ribbon bar for a 5/6 place ribbon bar!or would the bar be a pure ww2 bar as oppose to a ww1/ww2 bar? any help would be great!!! :beer:

Edited by paddywhack

It can be both WW2 or WW1/WW2 bar. Usually in peacetime an officer can reach a rank of major in 12-15 years. If "your" officer started his career in 20's or 30's he would have only WW2 ribbons, of course (and probably some annexation medal); if a GJ officer would serve in WW1 and continued thru all the Weimar period, he would probably reach a higher rank, but if an WW1 fighter (not necessary an officer) would reactivate in Wehrmacht or Reichswehr after a certan period of civilian life, he could have WW1 medals as well as WW2. In this case, he would be around 45 years old and I'm not sure if these old men served in GJ truppen - maybe on some staff or rear duty?

.......yesterday ended a good photo of a Hauptmann der Gebirgsjäger - I wanted to buy it but I missed the end..... my wife said something like "going shopping is important, too......" and so I was in the city when it ended... :P:D ooouuu sorry , off topic .... Ok, He had a 6-place ribbon bar in the navy-typical sew-on form !!!

EK2 with Wiederholungsspange , 2 different bavarian MVK / MVO with swords , Hindenburg cross , 3.Reich officials DA , one more 3.Reich Medal (Österreich or Sudeten?)

He was from Regiment 98....

Heiko

.......yesterday ended a good photo of a Hauptmann der Gebirgsjäger - I wanted to buy it but I missed the end..... my wife said something like "going shopping is important, too......" and so I was in the city when it ended... :P:D ooouuu sorry , off topic .... Ok, He had a 6-place ribbon bar in the navy-typical sew-on form !!!

EK2 with Wiederholungsspange , 2 different bavarian MVK / MVO with swords , Hindenburg cross , 3.Reich officials DA , one more 3.Reich Medal (Österreich or Sudeten?)

He was from Regiment 98....

Heiko

Cool you wouldnt have a pic of him would you?and yes life does sadly tend to get in the way of stuff! Thanks for all the help on the bar though!might check to see the ages of GJ majors!iv got two volumes on GJ RK winners so that might help to!any pics or any more info would be great!