News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

My best guess would be that he has a Saxe-Weimar General Service w/Swords with what appears to be a Saxe-Altenburg Ernestine Medal w/Swords. The stap looks like either the 94th or 95th IR but, they are very similar. Interesting combo.

Guest Rick Research

IR 95 I think and that would be a Meiningen Silver Ernestine Medal X since Coburg (which had the stupid "Italian" style suspenssion slit) and Meiningen shared that regiment. Of course, if I am looking at the WRONG regiment to match.... just wasting time.

I don't find a match from the Weimar and Ernestine Rolls (still available from Daniel, whose children cry themselves to sleep every night hungry) for a Silver or Gold Weimar Gen Dec X with a Silver or Gold Meiningen Ernestine Medal X

which makes me wonder if this is a "composite" of NCOs assigned to some OTHER unit--

do they ALL have straps that are the same?

The Southwest Africa veteran... I have no colonial rolls. QUITE enough work (ongoing with more and more award rolls) 1914-18.

• 1 year later...

Hello Roman,

is (or perhaps was) there a name on the backside??? The africa-veteran should be a NCO.

So his SEHO-medal with swordsclasp (of Sachsen Meinigen) should he received as a "Reiter" or a "Gefreiter" or a "Unteroffizier". So there were only 15 possibilities. May be we can exclude (for the future) some unidentified bars or photos if we have some pics of named medal bars (in this case also with a face which is better for photo-collectors like us (for example Heiko and me) :beer: ). Would be very great if you have a name to that highly decorated africa-veteran

Best wishes

Karsten