News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Partial Hero Star Group Confirmed

Back in Dec 15 2007 I posted a partial medal group to Sgt. Mj Petr Popov a Hero of the Soviet Union. The group consisted of a OPW serial no 78479, ORS serial no 440520, MFV serial no 524371 along with his order booklet listing the medals and serial numbers.

The group does not seem to appear in either soviet section but is still on my personal information under post.

There was some concern that the medals and booklet were not original to Sgt. Mj Popov as the booklet was dated 1946 and did not list his Hero Star medal or Order of Lenin. I have enclosed a copy of his researched file as I received it. Note the person who did the research highlighted the serial numbers with a dark blue marker and now you have to hold the paper at an angle to confirm the serial numbers as matching to the medals and order booklet that I have.

So now the mystery is still there but it appears that this is indeed Sgt. Mj Popov's medals as awarded to him.

Waiting for your thoughts.

Jim

Guest Rick Research

:banger: I think you should have marcotk's researcher redo that without the Totally Obscuring Black Out. :banger:

Does the ORDERS BOOK SERIAL NUMBER up top match? At least THAT hasn't been blotted out.