News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Help with Soldats Unit

Hello. Can anyone help IDing this Soldats Unit? It shows his name and Stab/Inf ******** 119

I can not make out the Cursive Writing, and am not sure what the rest says. This particular soldier Aquired a Personal Purchase Firearm(Mauser HSc) and this is the receipt. Thanks in advance to anyone that can help me with this.

Regards,

Mike

Guest Rick Research

Nice handwriting. Learned it that way as a kiddo:

"Feldwebel Walter Stier Stab/Inf. Ers. Batl. 119"

Ersatz Bataillon of Inf/Gren Rgt 119 was in Eßlingen am Neckar.

Since his name and the gun dealer's are the same, I wonder what the family relationship was?

Thanks so much! :) Very helpful and quick. My friend and I were wondering the same thing. I am not sure if my friend when he bought this document found out about the history of it.

Thanks again. I will relay the info to him. We both study and collect the Mauser HSc and this is just another neat little artifact.

Take Care,

Mike

Thanks so much! smile.gif Very helpful and quick. My friend and I were wondering the same thing. I am not sure if my friend when he bought this document found out about the history of it.

Thanks again. I will relay the info to him. We both study and collect the Mauser HSc and this is just another neat little artifact.

Take Care,

Mike

Do you know where else this unit may have served/been sent to?

Do you know where else this unit may have served/been sent to?

Inf. Ers. Batl. 119 - see links below

http://www.lexikon-der-wehrmacht.de/Gliederungen/InfErsBat/InfErsBat119-R.htm

http://www.lexikon-der-wehrmacht.de/Gliederungen/Infanteriedivisionen/25ID.htm