News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

There are some pretty accurate copies of this badge circulating at the moment. This one looks pretty good though and lacks some of the instant "tells" you can find on the better fakes. The eagles claws look strange however, I'd expect the talon of the eagles claw to extend right across the arm of the swastika, as shown here. Hard to tell from your photo if yours is like this. Examples I have owned have all had a very pale gilt finish and yours seems much darker almost like Brass when it should be Zinc.

STrange that there seems to be surface wear, yet no Zinc showing through.

Not a "one looker" for sure. Scans rather than photos would make it easier to tell, but from these shots, I'd have some concerns about this one..

Gordon, attached is a poor photo of the eagle on my GWL. The tallon extends most of the way across the swastika arm but does appear to be a far across as that on your badge. My badge has a very pale gold wash remaining with lots of zinc visible. Mine weighs 18.3 g. This badge, I've owned for 30 years or so.

Dick