News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

You don't see any of these on eBay!

Richard LaTondre

This is something you don't see too often, A Third Class Pillars of State up for auction. The bidding at this time is well over US 2K.

Dick

This item was received through the very kind thoughtfullnes of Dieter3.

http://page9.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/k114730032

It will be interesting to see what this eventually goes for. High end Manchurian prices have started to rise recently since there is increased interest from China and Taiwan in these.

Hi Paul:

Three months ago I bought a 3d Class Auspicious Clouds on eBay for about US $1,200 in excellent condition. I would think that the Auspicious Clouds and the Pillars of State would be worth the same. This item is approaching double what I paid.

Dick

The Pillars of State is actually harder to find, even though it is the junior of the two. Peterson claims there were 701 of the 3rd class Auspicious Clouds awarded up to 1940, but only 260 of the Pillars of State. Hence I would expect it to be more expensive notwithstanding its lower status.

The Pillars of State is actually harder to find, even though it is the junior of the two. Peterson claims there were 701 of the 3rd class Auspicious Clouds awarded up to 1940, but only 260 of the Pillars of State. Hence I would expect it to be more expensive notwithstanding its lower status.

That is very interesting information and it makes good sense as that trend also seems to prevail in the lower classes of the orders.

Thanks,

Dick