News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Book on Chinese Orders, Decorations & Medals

James Hoard

I am not sure if this has been posted before, but a rather interesting and luxurious looking book has been published on Chinese Orders, Decorations and Medals which claims to feature the following:

1) More than 90% of all Chinese Orders ever awarded;

2) 175 sets of high quality pictures;

3) Recent reference prices of each item in the international trading market and private sales;

4) Rare Qing Dynasty Orders documentations;

5) Hard cover upholstered in silk;

6) 210 pages.

The sale price is US$260 + shipping and handling.

A bit steep but looks like the production and printing quality seems to be extremely high.

Chinese Orders (1862-1955) ISBN 978-0-9781539-2-2

More information at http://chinesemedal.wordpress.com/2009/08/27/recently-published-chinese-orders/

Cheers,

James

There's very little text beyond the captions on the photos, and still lacking in Warlord Period material, but excellent images of a lot of material that is not illustrated elsewhere.

The preface indicates that the author will publish three more books in the future. Let's hope the the next book "History of Chinese Orders" will come with a lot more written materials.

Cheers

The preface indicates that the author will publish three more books in the future. Let's hope the the next book "History of Chinese Orders" will come with a lot more written materials.

Cheers

Thanks for posting the additional information, which I had not seen. Consequently, however good the quality of the production I think I may baulk at having to fork out $250 three times over. This is an attempt at 'milking' that puts me off from buying even one of them.

Cheers

James