News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Bulgaria - Red Cross Medal for Merit.

I got this beautiful little Bulgarian, Red Cross - Medal for Merit from a friend today.

Searching my bookmarked regular collectors and dealers sites in the internet i have not found this medal or anything even close.

The only thing that come close was this screw-back badge at: E-medals

The trifold that was attached to my medal looks a lot like the one to 1912-1913 Medal of remembrance, but this has a small thin red stripe in the white field to the right.

I´m looking for any informations i can get concerning this medal!

Péter

I have seen similar with screwback. I believe these are from the late 30s and the WW2, not sure if generally for the Bulgarian Red Cross or only for the Youth Red Cross organization /part of the red Cross, for youths/. I will try to find out more information. For now, one Red Cross young guy, I think his is screwback. And BTW this badge is heavily reproduced /or in fact original unfinished copper tin parts were found and completed better or worse/, but this one looks Ok to me.

• 5 months later...
    • 4 months later...

Ok, this medal still puzles me (especially because I have itcheeky.gif )

Theodor, I am looking your photo again and to me its look like this guy is wearing that award with the ribbon. Looks like red maybe (?) and maybe thats why it is very hard to see it on the black and white shot?

I added arrows, what show some different lines on there and also there is some shadow of the ribbon I think on the left side? As well, very weird place to put the badge.... looks more like it is hung there also fabric is wrinkled under it?

Text under the picture.... my Cyrillic alphabet is rusty and understanding it even worse but "Tservenokrestez M.M." - is it the name or some how second part sounds like "krest" - cross?

ANY EXTRA info would be great about this piece!!!!!wink.gif

1584141186ea26_o.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

So, in this case it is 100% not military or civilian regular award, instead for a Youth Organisation? Ok, I have to find then someone, who collects them, because this one is not for my collection thenunsure.gif

Thanks for your help,

Timo aka Noor

Here is a detailed photo of the trifold.

The colours are faded, but folded out the green can clearly be seen.

Hard to say, as I have noticed on more than one occasion, medals being sold with incorrect ribbons there. Sometimes they call them out, sometimes they don't. The coloration looks Bulgarian, but then again, Hungary also used those colors on their awards.

Here's a file PIC of a Bulgarian Red Cross Merit Order, 5th Class and you can see it's close.

Timcheers.gif