News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Elegant--But Bizarre--Understatement

Guest Rick Research

This has just passed through to be Epsonized and is shared courtesy of the Travelling Museum.

The "byyon" is gold and the very very very remarkably strange device is silver gilt and most assuredly hand made since I've never seen another and cannot imagine a "reason" for another.

How often do any of us see something that is literally unique? :cheers:

Making a wild guess here, since Komtur posted that beautiful collar of the Hohenzollern House Order, is that special emblem representing that center piece of the collar enamelled in blue with the royal scepter on it, thus indicating the wearer had the grand collar of the order?

Guest Rick Research

Yup. Took both Rickies the longest time to "get it," since this is something we've never encountered nor ever even imagined existed. It is entirely "wearer invented" with NO basis in statutory rules! :speechless1: An alert member of the assembled GMIC quorum fortunate enough to also have this in paws immediately noted the Bavarian type crown before turning this Purest of Prussian effects over to see the jeweller's name. :cheers:

That's why I'm so glad my Magic Epson draws in pilgrims from across the continent to share such things.

The lavish feasts which accompany said visits ain't bad, neither. :whistle: