News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

UK; US AND STH. AFRICAN PATCHES

Spoke recently to Keenan - 'Desert Rat' - who wanted to look at patches. We have quite a number in boxes and have sorted a few out to post. I apololgise that some are U.S., but more interesting if they stay together. Perhaps members can help identify them - I obviously know some of them - but Countries seem confused.

SOME RHODESIAN UDI PERIOD

SOUTH AFRICAN

Let's have a bash:

Top row: 6 SA Infantry Battalion -- 8 SA Armoured Division -- 'D' Battery/Squadron within an artillery or engineer unit(?)

Middle: Royal Durban Light Infantry (some time between 1935 and 1961) -- marksman -- 2 SA Infantry Battalion

Bottom: US Army Service Forces -- SA sergeant (between 1949 and mid-1970s) -- ?

SOUTH AFRICAN

Top: 'D' Squadron within a signals(?) unit (looks like SA Corps of signals colours)

Left: Natal Command sports badge

Right: 5 SA Infantry Battalion (late 1960s/early 1970s)

Bottom: Able seaman SA Navy (upside down) -- lieutenant SA Air Force (pre-2002) -- captain SAAF -- lieutenant SAAF -- staff sergeant SA Army (velcro-backed plastic badge worn above breast pocket on raincoat, 1980s)

Ok the only Us patches i see are the ranks he tan ones with the rifles are marine ranks and the one with the Blue star in the middle surrounded by white with a red border is a ASF witch means Aemy Services Forcesd and that patch is very common. the ranks are all post WWII

I think these are US Marine Corps rather than Army.

Edit : already corrected by Desertrat.

All the Marine ranks after WWII have the crossed rifles but if it did not have the rifles I could not tell you because before WWII i\they did not have the rifles and some of the army had the same style of ranks.