News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Far East enigma

Jeff Mc William

Guest Rick Research

The five color flag is Warlord Period China, 1911-1920s BUT you really need clear sharp close up scans of fronts and backs for somebody who knows what originals should look like to be able to judge.

There is so much utter garbage being churned out from there that EVERYTHING has to be proven good and cannot tell that from your camera shot.

Haven't seen these among the millions of fantasy/fraud pieces out there, but there ARE millions of fakes and fantasy frauds.

1 has the centre missing but I suspect it is a provincial commissioners medal early 1920's possibly Chili province, 2 is the silver medal for the inauguration of president Tsao Kung in October 1923. 3 and 4 are provincial rifleman's awards from the same province and 5 & 6 look like presidential inauguration medals. My hunch is that they are probably good. I assume that 5 and 6 have something on the the other side if possible a scan of the reverses would be interesting.

All the best,

Paul

1 has the centre missing but I suspect it is a provincial commissioners medal early 1920's possibly Chili province, 2 is the silver medal for the inauguration of president Tsao Kung in October 1923. 3 and 4 are provincial rifleman's awards from the same province and 5 & 6 look like presidential inauguration medals. My hunch is that they are probably good. I assume that 5 and 6 have something on the the other side if possible a scan of the reverses would be interesting.

All the best,

Paul

Hi Paul. Many thanks indeed for your expert assesment of these curious medals.

I am sorry to say they are not mine, but I will try to get the close-up pics you require of the reverse of these from the owner if I can.

Meanwhile, here are two of them, viz 2 ie top middle silver medal, and 6 ie bottom right fancy star. I wonder if I might ask what you think of these.

Many thanks in advance and best regards. Jeff

PS: Sorry about the definition, but it would appear the max file size is only 70K

Hi Paul. Many thanks indeed for your expert assesment of these curious medals.

I am sorry to say they are not mine, but I will try to get the close-up pics you require of the reverse of these from the owner if I can.

Meanwhile, here are two of them, viz 2 ie top middle silver medal, and 6 ie bottom right fancy star. I wonder if I might ask what you think of these.

Many thanks in advance and best regards. Jeff

PS: Sorry about the definition, but it would appear the max file size is only 70K

First is the Tsao Kun Inauguration October 1923, the second is the Wei Pei Fu award for distinguished qualification to the Military School.

All the best,

Paul

First is the Tsao Kun Inauguration October 1923, the second is the Wei Pei Fu award for distinguished qualification to the Military School.

All the best,

Paul

Hi Paul. Thanks once again for your expert help...much appreciated I assure you. I have rquested some close-up pics (obv & rev) of the others from the owner, but for some reason they have suddenly gone strangely quiet !? Anyway, thank you again for your kindness. Jeff

• 3 weeks later...