News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

The Dreyse-family during the great war

Hi pals.

A friend asked me for further Infos (promotions; orders ...) of the following members of the Dreyse-family.

Georg von Dreyse, born 1897 died 1979, probably in FAR 24, later Reichswehr-AR 3

Franz von Dreyse, born 1895, died 1937, probably in FAR 58

Hermann von Dreyse, born 1898, fell 1918 as a member of westfalian Jäger-Bataillon 7

So, Rick, Glenn and all the others, don´t dersert me PLEASE. blush.gif

Many thanks in advance.

Stefan

Guest Rick Research

Heldengedenkmappe 1921: three brothers who were great-grandsons of the inventor of the Zündnadelgewehr: sons of Johann Nikolaus von Dreyse and Luise geb. Quentell. Younger sister Gertrud and youngest brother Johann Nicolaus.

Herrmann (2 Rs per HGM) must have been commissioned in 1918.

Georg Jr was ernannt leutnant 28.03.16 but had Reichsheer seniority of 01.09.15 #254 in 1924. He had left the service by 1928 so unless you have further military details I don't know where to look for HIM (no fiurst names in these sources). he had 1914 EK1 and 2 andd 1918 silver Wound Badge.

Franz was vorpatentiert Leutnant in 1915 with temporary seniority of 22.11.13 as of 01.01.18-- he and his rank-comrades had not received permanent seniority as of New Year's 1918.

I won't be able to tell any possible (I haven't looked yet) recalled (E) artillery officers/Luftwaffe Flak (?) officers with this family name by knowing what you have on their subsequent service.