News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Uniform help please - Polish?

Noor

Hi,

I would like to know is the man on the picture wearing Polish uniform. Also the ribbon bar is part of this set. It is the same ribbon what is on use in Poland and what Russian Tsar adopted for St.Stanislaus order.

My main question is the uniform, can someone please ID it?unsure.gif

More ideas???Cat%20Scratch.gif

As far I can understand, it is not streight forward set.... there must be some "thing" what makes it weird.... can't ID the bar - uniform as a one country.... how those two can be together...

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I would like to know is the man on the picture wearing Polish uniform. Also the ribbon bar is part of this set. It is the same ribbon what is on use in Poland and what Russian Tsar adopted for St.Stanislaus order.

My main question is the uniform, can someone please ID it?unsure.gif

I think the uniform would date from the Polish war of independance (1920-1922) when because Polish uniforms were only starting to be made in Poland, most would have British, US etc with Polish rank and other insignia , medal bars and badges or shortly after WW1.

Justin1939

Are you sure the ribbon bar lying on the photo is the same the man is wearing? I personally do not think the uniform is Polish at all and certainly not from 1920-22 era. Open collars and ties began to be used in the Polish Armed Forces in 1936 (in the air force), in the army as late as in 1939/40 in the Polish Army in France. If it was a WWII Polish army uniform, it would most probably have collar patches on it. To me it looks more Yugoslavian or Czech, unfortunately it is a typical military jacket, you cannot see the rank and the photo is too blurred to see details. I think it will be difficult to figure out without knowing further details about the photo itself :(