News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Romanian Military Academy Badge

Now, I'm going to make a sort of a declaration here based on what I own, what has been shown and what I've seen in other places... I believe there are five (5) major types of Romanian Military Academy badges, with two Variations of the final type:

-Type 1= Red star in the center, with blue circle and "RPR" in the center of the star (more or less like the early cap badge), blue banner below with "Academia Militara I.V. Stalin", numbered on screw back. No idea of the start date, other than post 1947, stopped at the inception of the next badge.

-Type 2= Red star with RPR seal in the center, blue banner below with "Academia Militara I.V. Stalin", numbered on screw back. No idea of the start date, other than after above badge, and suspect the stop date to be 1953-56. (Thanks, Kevin, for showing me this!)

-Type 3 (pictured below)= Red star with RPR seal in center, blue banner below with "Academia Militara Generala", numbered on screw back. Post '53-'56 until 1965.

-Type 4 (pictured below)= Larger RSR seal, blue banner below with "Academia Militara Generala", un-numbered on screw back. 1965 until ?.

-Type 5, V1= Larger RSR seal, blue banner below with "Academia Militara", un-numbered on screw back. Some undetermined dates between 1965 and 1989.

-Type 5, V2 (pictured below)= Larger RSR seal, blue banner below with "Academia Militara", un-numbered with a full-closure, pin back. ?-1989.

I'm pretty sure this is fairly accurate.

Edited by Greg Collins

Now, a nagging question... a badge which has been heretofore known as "the Fire Brigade badge"... is it simply designed to look like an academy badge (pure aesthetics) OR was there some sort of schooling involved in receiving this particular badge? I have only seen this badge worn by senior officers of the Fire Brigades. Does anyone have a clue?