News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Lanyard, Shoulder Insignia of the Romanian Young Pioneers.

My wife is familiar with the item having been a member of the organisation in her childhood.

School children in classes were divided by the number of 4.

No classes having more than 40 children.

Student Lanyards came in the following colours:-

Dark Blue:- Worn by the Commander of a particular Unit, normally in a school.

Light Blue:- Worn by the 2 i/c of the Unit.

Yellow:- For the want of a better description, worn by a section leader, up to 40 members

Red:- For the want of a better description, worn by a Section Leader, up to 10 members.

Terracotta Lanyard, worn by a Professor-Instructor in the School.

Pairs of Yellow or Pairs of Blue slip on insignia were given to students deemed worthy of special merit.

Kevin in Deva :D

Edited by Kev in Deva

Slip on Insignia for the shirt shoulder straps:-

http://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_12_2009/post-950-126012022412.jpghttp://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_12_2009/post-950-126012028898.jpg

Only one of each pair :(

Kevin in Deva.

Edited by Kev in Deva

Student Lanyards came in the following colours:-

[...]

Yellow:- For the want of a better description, worn by a section leader, up to 40 members

Red:- For the want of a better description, worn by a Section Leader, up to 10 members.

The yellow lanyard was the sign of a "detachment commander", in practice the detachment being the class.

The red lanyard was for a "group commander", with about 3-4 groups per detachment.

Pairs of Yellow or Pairs of Blue slip on insignia were given to students deemed worthy of special merit.

If I remember well, blue was the colour of the elementary school pioneers, while yellow was the colour of the secondary school pioneers.

Hallo Carol I,

talking with my wife she mentioned she wore a red lanyard and had 10 students under her "command" I will ask her what age group she was in. I know there were two specific age groups in this organisation, one wearing a cloth badge blue background with the fire, wheat cog and book above a partial cog wheel, under this the words "TOT INAINTE" on the shoulder of the blouse / shirt the other wearing a badge with yellow background and similar detail.

Kevin in Deva. :beer:

talking with my wife she mentioned she wore a red lanyard and had 10 students under her "command" I will ask her what age group she was in.

In "detachments" (classes ;) ) of 36, there were usually 3 groups.

I know there were two specific age groups in this organisation, one wearing a cloth badge blue background with the fire, wheat cog and book above a partial cog wheel, under this the words "TOT INAINTE" on the shoulder of the blouse / shirt the other wearing a badge with yellow background and similar detail.

You mean the one below? I think their background colour corresponded to the age group, like the shoulder straps.

emblema.jpg

Source: www.latrecut.ro

By the way, the same site (in Romanian only) has an image of a group commander (red) lanyard.

snur_rosu_trese.jpg

With regards the numbers, my wife says usually divided by 4 in the schools

in Cugir (who am I to argue :love: )

I see no argument. ;) Practically, it all came down to the number of pupils in the class and sometimes to the layout of the classroom. For 38-40 pupils, 4 groups of about 10 pupils make sense. For 34-36 pupils, 3 groups were more reasonable. Furthermore, many classrooms had three rows of desks and it was relatively common that each row was attributed to a group. So, I think in practice there were many variations from place to place, none of them being the rule and the others the exceptions.