News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

What ribbons are ?

lilo

The plain red robbon is probably the French Legion of Honour. Foreign orders were originally worn before Japanese medals. The red and white ribbon is the Imperial Constitution Promulgation Medal from 1889. The last two ribbons on this group seem implausible, he would have had to be sufficiently important to get the medal in 1889 and still be knocking around in Manchuria in 1934 ! Not impossible but definitely unusual.

The plain red robbon is probably the French Legion of Honour. Foreign orders were originally worn before Japanese medals. The red and white ribbon is the Imperial Constitution Promulgation Medal from 1889. The last two ribbons on this group seem implausible, he would have had to be sufficiently important to get the medal in 1889 and still be knocking around in Manchuria in 1934 ! Not impossible but definitely unusual.

Hi Paul,

Thanks but the only ribbon of the Imperial Constitution Promulgation Medal I have ever seen is as that in the photo below. Is it the correct one ?

If yes, it doesn't match with that of the ribbon bar.

Hi Paul,

Thanks but the only ribbon of the Imperial Constitution Promulgation Medal I have ever seen is as that in the photo below. Is it the correct one ?

If yes, it doesn't match with that of the ribbon bar.

This is the Meiji 25th Wedding Anniversary Medal, not the Constitution Promulgation Medal.