News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Federal Agency for Safe Storage and Destruction of Chemical Weapons

TacHel

Federal Agency for Safe Storage and Destruction of Chemical Weapons. A department of the Defense Ministry of the Russian Federation.

Medal for Strengthening the Brotherhood of Chemical Disarmament.

I am still searching for the ministerial order and award criteria, if anybody knows where I can find them, please advise. All I've been able to discover so far is that it was instituted in 2007.

Edited by TacHel

This customs official is seen receiving the above medal. The citation mentioned his multi year active involvement in the transfer of such weapons from ex soviet republics to the main disarmament centers.

Edited by TacHel

Commemorative Medal of the "15th Anniversary of the Federal Agency for Safe Storage and Destruction of Chemical Weapons.

As mentioned in the initial post, I am still searching for the official ministerial order. The only reason I believe this medal to be genuinely official (governmental) is the fact is is suspended from a ribbon with the colours of the Defense Ministry (yellow half with black stripes).

The link below will take you to a Russian web site displaying all of the Defense Ministry's sub departments. There are quite a few. Clicking on an individual emblem will bring you to a different page with a larger image of the emblem and the name of the sub department. The site is in Russian though.

LINK TO SITE

• 1 month later...

Honor Badge "For Valor in the Storage and Destruction of Chemical Weapons"

Awarded to soldiers of the Federal Office for the Safe Storage and Destruction of Chemical Weapons, who have served there for at least 3 years, for exemplary performance of military duties and the successful completion of special assignments. Instituted by order of the Defense Minister #310 on 4 August 2006.

• 2 months later...

I have seen the 3 "things" below advertised as "honor badges for chemical disarmament" in gold, silver and bronze. I have been unable to find ANY written order or decree to that effect. I must also admit at finding their appearance rather... Disappointing. Looks like costume jewelery!

If anybody has any information on these as to their authenticity or proof they are "schmuck", it would be greatly appreciated!

• 6 years later...

Well...  Not only have I found the establishment order...  I actually received some decorations... See photo below.

The 2 lower ones (also in my previous post) are Decorations "For Merit in the Destruction of Chemical Weapons", bronze and silver grades.  Established on 24 July 2004 by order 131 of the Minister of Defence of the Russian Federation.  I have still to find the integral order.58d6fdb065e2c_FUDBUKOawards.thumb.jpg.4180119a7f066895d9a8f427ecaddfd9.jpg

The coloured beads seem weird for an official military award but heh...  I wonder if the colours have any significance to chemical weapons' disposal?  White-blue-red...  Any ideas out there?

Nice... but I agree that those Decorations "For Merit in the Destruction of Chemical Weapons" look more like jewellry than awards!

So I guess it's time to add even more stuff to various websites...

• 4 months later...
    • 5 months later...

And now...

Jubilee Medal "25 Years of the Federal Agency for the Safe Storage and Destruction of Chemical Weapons". Est. 2017-05-10 Order № 111. 

Not the most attractive thing I've seen...

5a543c19c6e00_25YearsoftheFederalAgencyfortheSafeStorageandDestructionofChemicalWeapons.jpg.35677d671ecc40d18ca7aae30564ee8b.jpg

Edited by TacHel

On 3/26/2017 at 00:31, TacHel said:

The coloured beads seem weird for an official military award but heh...  I wonder if the colours have any significance to chemical weapons' disposal?  White-blue-red...  Any ideas out there?

White-blue-red... But of course, Francois! The Russian flag is white-blue-red. :)