News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Fallschirmjager Documents

Hello everyone,

These documents were issued to my wife's father who died in 1963 when she was 15 years old. We got them from her aunt in Germany on a 1983 visit. We have been unable to find out much about his military service only what my wife's relatives told us. The Iron Cross 2nd Class document looks to be signed by General Student, the signature is washed out a little due to our house flooding during Hurricane Katrina (almost 11 feet of water in the house) and yes I lost about 95% of my military collection. Her uncle who was in the Herman Goring Division and was captured at Anzio Beach in Italy told us he was with Skorzeny when Mussolini was rescued at Gran Sasso. Her mother told us the same thing. We have no way of verifying this but we would very much appreciate any information on the 4/Fallschirmpanzerjager Abt. 1.

Incidently, her uncle who was the Herman Goring Division vet spoke very good English which he learned in p.o.w. camps in the United States. He was quite an interesting person and unfortunately he died a couple of years ago.

I wrote the German Archives several years ago asking for information on him but they informed me that most of the Fallschirmjager records were lost during the war and never found. We did have a few photos of him but we lost those also during Hurricane Katrina.

Thanks, Terry

Mississippi Gulf Coast, USA