News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Lucky Score?

Dieter3

I won't reveal exactly how much I paid for it, but let's just say the seller had no idea that this was the Korean Census medal, was being sold as Japanese National Census Medal, and it was cheap. Or at least I think it was cheap for this medal. One of those situations where it pays to know what the kanji look like!

It's not in the best shape, some fade and soiling to the ribbon and that abrasion you can see in the picture, some pitting to the medallion, and no case. But I've seen worse!

IMG_8454.jpgIMG_8457.jpgIMG_8460.jpg

On the VERY long shot that somebody out there has just a case they want to part with, LEMME KNOW!! Smiley-Begging.gif

Simply lovely. Yes, it does pay to know the items, not just saving on the fakes not bought but also those bargain when real and nice items are going for a song. Reminds me of the the day I bought my German Red Cross 3rd class mini :whistle:

I saw an Inner Mongolia Foundation Merit medal at auction not too long ago, it was in a China Incident case (that was the auction cover picture!) - I think it sold for around 2100 yen or so, danged cheap for the condition (was pretty good), despite the wrong case. I haven't seen too many of those either and they definitely sell for more than that. Now I look at every auction I see very closely, gotta get lucky again one of these days! rolleyes.gif