News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Police cap eagle... opinions please

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Hauptman,

I think its a copy of Police Badge for visor hat 2nd Model. Last week Detlev Niemann had the same badge on offer. It was a pressing, on the reverse you could see all the badge detail. This one is a casting with almost no detail on the reverse. Sorry

Hello Hauptman,

I think its a copy of Police Badge for visor hat 2nd Model. Last week Detlev Niemann had the same badge on offer. It was a pressing, on the reverse you could see all the badge detail. This one is a casting with almost no detail on the reverse. Sorry

Hi Alec,

Many thanks for the confirmation. Not to worry as it was a gift. This was the one I was most concerned about... very detailed on the front but the back just didn't look right to me. The bells were going off so this is what I expected.

This only leaves the SS cap eagle to be confirmed one way or the other. It's the only other one I wasn't sure on... not that anything looks odd to me or anything but I've always been extremely skittish about SS items as they seem to have been faked more than most over the years.

Hoping someone will let me know on that one. But the naval eagle and especially the screwback wound badge being original made me extremely happy!jumping.gifjumping.gif In comparison this and the cap eagle are minor... especially in comparison to the screwback wound.

Thanks again! Happy New Year!beer.gif

Dancheers.gif