News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Reasearch help for 85 year old sick friend. Time sensative.

I'm on vacation in Mexico and my parents have an 85 year old friend, Hans, who has been fighting a very tough battle with cancer, and before the war is over he is interested in finding out more about his uncle who fought in Verdun.

His uncles name is Heine (Heinrich) Van Marwijk, sometimes written as Van Marweijk.

This is a Dutch name, but Heine was born near Dortmund in the province of Westphalia which at the time was part of Prussia.

There isn't much to go on other than that he turned 18 sometime during the war, was at Verdun, and that he managed to live through the war.

I'm not sure what, if anything, can be found out about this man but any help or advice you guys might be able to give me would greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!!

JC

PS. Could a moderator please fix my spelling mistakes in the topic title. What was I thinking.... :unsure:

Edited by fjcp